Tuesday, 27 May 2008

PERSUASION

w/c 515

Why do you buy?
Is it because you like it?
Is it because you need it?
Is it because you want it?

Any two of the above three reasons will make a sale.
You must appeal to the prospects emotions.

If you can get them to like it and they also need it, You have a god chance of a sale.
If you can get them to like it and make them want it, There is an even better chance of making a sale.
The next is obvious. If they need it and they also want it they will buy it.
If all three of the above reasons come into play at the same time they will be banging on your door to get it.

If someone tries to persuade me to buy something I am immediately turned off.. I like to decide where and when I spend my money. The decision must be mine.

If I am shown an advert for something that will be of benefit to me, my family or my business and it is something that I can afford, I will want it. As soon as I want it my subconscious will think up dozens of reasons as to why I should buy it. It will not matter if I really need it. I will convince myself that I do. I probably have something already that will do a similar job. Once my subconscious gets the idea that I want it, reason will go out of the window.

It’s called “Playing To The Emotions.”

If you can make someone want it, Half the battle is over.
They will convince themselves that they need it.
Once you make them want something,
They will do the rest of the selling for you.

It sounds easy. Did I say it was easy? No, this is where the skill in advertising comes in.
How do you make them want it in the first place?

You plug the benefits. It’s as simple as that.
1/ How much extra money they will make.
2/ How much extra free time they will have.
3/ Holidays in far more exotic places.
4/ A better motor car.
5/ The esteem of their friends and relations.

I could list another fifty benefits but I am sure you get the idea.
Those are the top five. These are the main ones that will spur someone to make that extra effort or to purchase the latest gizmo for their home or business.

They are not interested in you as a person. You are just a means to an end. Convince them that you have something that they really want and if they can’t get it from you they will get it from somewhere else. As soon as you have convinced your prospect, Ask them to buy. Ask them for the money. Make it easy for them to pay. Have a prominent button for them to press to take them to your checkout. Thousands of sales are lost every year by people who are too shy to ask for the money.

R J Farey.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BOB’S PROFILE
Bob has been working on the internet in various capacities since 2000. He uses ezines and articles to market his products simply because, done the right way, it works.
You will find his latest venture at: http://www.rjf08.com "It’s a no brainer."

No comments: